Join us for an exciting evening focused on taking the first steps to creating a diverse and equitable workplace!
Admission includes appetizers, beer, wine & soft drinks, and ample time for networking before and after the presentations and panel. AIA National's Diversity + Inclusion team will present their recent demographic research. Then, we'll host an interactive panel discussion on the topic of equitable practice, featuring experts in the realm of gender, racial & ethnic equity at work.
This event is the culmination of our Research subcommittee's work on the first two chapters of their Equity Toolkit.
- Why are our workplaces the way they are?
- How have the legal and HR professions evolved to address diversity and inclusion?
- Recruitment + Retention:
- Whatrole does Human Resources play in hiring and retaining a diverse workforce?
- How important are benefits?
- Day-to-day Issues:
- In a field where success can be hard to quantify, how do firms ensure they're rewarding equitably?
- What happens when a discrimination complaint is made? What is the best-case outcome?
- How do firm leaders best support a diverse, inclusive culture?
- How do non-leadership employees best support a diverse, inclusive culture?
- MICHELLE MESINA | Regional HR Director | Gensler | Chicago
- KANDIS WOOD JACKSON | Lawyer, Associate, | Alston & Bird | Atlanta
- TRACY L. SCOTT | Senior Lecturer in Sociology, Director of Emory's Quality Enhancement Plan | Emory University | Atlanta
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! CAN'T ATTEND? STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS ON OUR POD & WEBCAST...